Flowers bring so much joy to our lives. When you look back on some of the most memorable moments in your life, there were probably flowers present, are we right? Birthdays, weddings, graduations — nothing communicates what one person is feeling in their heart as much as the gift of a flower or, better yet, a bouquet of flowers. To celebrate all things flower-related, we decided to compile this list of Young Living products that are made from flowering plants. Enjoy!
1. Ylang Ylang Essential Oil – This flower originated in the Philippines, where it is often strewn across a marriage bed. It has also a long history of being used in skin and hair products in Asia. The flowers essential oil can help bring calm and relaxation.
2. Joy Essential Oil – This essential oil blend is made of a number of single essential oils, but is comprised mostly of flowers. It features ylang ylang, geranium, rose, jasmine and Roman chamomile. Perhaps the flowery nature of the blend explains why it can bring a magnetic energy and joy to the heart.
3. Yacon Syrup – This natural alternative sweetener is similar to honey, maple syrup or sugar cane syrup. However, it’s made from the roots of Yacon, which is a species of perennial daisy traditionally grown in the northern and central Andes and used since pre-Inca times.
4. Goldenrod Essential Oil – This essential oils single is made from the Golden rod flower with the scientific name Solidago canadensis. Solidago comes from Latin solid, which mean “to make whole.”
5. Hyssop Essential Oil – Perhaps best known as a biblical oil, Hyssop essential oil was also sacred to the ancient Greeks. It’s made from the hyssop, which is a herbaceous plant with gorgeous purple flowers. It has a fresh woody scent that is slightly sweet.